Sunday, December 13, 2009

Karongi

With less than a week left until swear in there are a lot of emotions amongst the volunteers, trainers and really everyone involved in PST. On Friday we finally were told our sites. Mup our director wanted to make it this big ceremony and had me and a few other volunteers draw a map with chalk on the basketball court next to our house labeling all of our districts. Once we had the map done, all the volunteers came to the court and we announced the sites one by one having each person stand on the map where their site was located. It was nice because we got to see which of the volunteers we would be living by for the next two years! I’m really pleased with the people in my district. I don’t think I stand-alone when I say that the personalities in our group go very well together. But most of all, my site, which is in the Karongi district is right by Lake Kivu, which is pretty much paradise. Below are some photos from my district to give you a taste of this blissful place…

No comments:

Post a Comment